Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Never Enough

Can you believe it? Just one more session on monday and i'll never have to train again. I'll never have to carry my bulky pull buoy and shoe bag to school, or waste my time after school waiting for time to pass before leaving for the pool. Neither will i have to cross the overhead bridge in a hurry to catch the bus to the pool and become all sweaty and disgusting, or brisk walk from the bus stop at toa payoh all the way to the pool and become even more sweaty and disgusting.
After monday, i'm going to miss meeting up with the rest before going for training, just sitting around at the grandstand, canteen or the piano at the foyer. I'm going to miss the feeling of getting out of the pool after training, and packing up after bathing before going out for dinner. I'm especially going to miss those on times that we go out on fridays.

It's a bittersweet feeling i guess. I remember how i wanted so badly to quit the team because i didn't think i'd be able to take the training. I hated the sessions so badly and how they kept me up at night because that feeling of dread was so intense. Although i still don't look forward to swimming, i definitely don't feel as strongly as before. The people there are too awesome for me to feel that way towards it. =)



I'm going to miss hating training.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man :(( same here :((... sigh.. im going to miss them too :'(

sam said...

it's ok! we have farewell to look forward to=)

Matt said...

LOL Dun sad la.. We aint goin t lose dem 4eva u noe.:) Besides, we can always go back and Kachao!:))

sam said...

HAHA. we go back only after they've finished training. For dinner or something=)